Tuesday, November 25, 2008

David - Senior

I knocked on the door, and entering, was taken aback by the large stack of clothes on hangers. I looked up at David, and he just smiled. Piling all of his stuff into the van, we headed out. We spent some time in the woods...... but moved pretty quickly to downtown Raleigh, where we came upon some amazing places.

David plays the electric guitar in an awesome band and since they're such an awesome band, he decided to wear his rocking outfit for some of the pics. The band's, Flowers For Faye, colors are black and orange so when we happened upon this... Cait got all excited.

The entire band wears bright orange converse for every show, so I thought it was appropriate to highlight these amazing shoes. The FFF signature cons: This picture is my Justin&Mary picture. When I took it, I immediately thought of Justin and Mary Marantz, two AMAZING, AMAZING photographers in New England. Perhaps I thought of them because they way they shoot is clean and clear, perhaps because they're so flippin' awesome and I'd love to be like them! Whatever the reason, here is my *attempt* at a Justin&Mary photo:

8 comments:

Mary Marantz said...

AWESOME job on these!!! way to rock this shoot!

M:)

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous! Good job! Now, how do I get copies made?

Lindy said...

I haven't been on your blog in awhile, but all of your newest pictures are wonderful! Have a great Thanksgiving! Love you.

Christi Ann Photography said...

They are awesome!! Where did you go for some of these? I figure out some of them..but not all. haha

Cait said...

Mary - WHOA! Dream List Item # 53=CAME TRUE! Woot! I'm honored that you commented Mary. Thanks so much! Are you going to WPPI? I'll hopefully meet you then!

Ericksons - Yay! I'm so pleased that you like them! They're currently posted my my website, www.cait-elizabeth.com under seniors>Class of 2009> David E. I'll have them available to order from the website *hopefully* this afternoon.

Lindy - Thanks! I'm glad you stopped by! Hope your holiday was grand!

Christi - We went downtown Raleigh. We pretty much just wandered around til we found good places. :)

Leah Bowman said...

These are flat out awesome!!!! The construction barrell pic is rockin' in every way! And the 1st shot from downtown is fantastic! What can I say... rusted metal makes my heart sing!

David, you rocked these shots!!!!

Cassidy Brooke said...

I absolutely love this shoot! I found you through Sarah Anne's blog...
How was the internship this past summer? I am hoping to do it this upcoming summer if Sarah does it this year :)
Anyways, great work :)

Cait said...

Cassidy - Thanks! I do too! You know there are those 'Oooo, good' shoots, then the 'GAH! I LOVE THIS!' shoots. This is the latter for me. :)

Wow. Don't even know where to start with the internship. It was the best thing I've done for my business. Period. I learned so much about how to handle a business, branding, MY business, my style, and me while I was there. But more so than all that - which is considerable - I have a dear friend *who happens to be an expert* whom I can call anytime and get advice about anything. Actually, she probably gets sick of me. DO IT. Go. You'll learn more than you thought possible.

Thanks so much for commenting!