Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Rick & Lauren - Engaged


I said it could be awkward since I had never met them before. Friends of a friend, they were strangers to me. Strangers or not, I was so excited to meet them. I sat down with Lauren over coffee and I knew there was no way we would remain acquaintances. She's stylish, adorable, and extraordinarily organized. Almost scarily organized. As we start talking about all her fun details, she pulls out her wedding planning notebook and shows us photos of her bridesmaid dresses, cake, invitations, and color scheme. I LOVED it. Felt like I was getting an insider's sneak peak. Oh, and she was wearing super cute heels. You had me at the heels, Lauren. ;)

We met at Rick and Lauren's house and to tell the truth, I was a little stressed out. I am completely unfamiliar with the area we were planning on shooting in and we didn't have time to location scout. So when I asked if there were any cool place that they knew of and Lauren mentioned there was some abandoned stuff and old trees in the back, I was all over it. Look, how cute?


The shoot was the first time I'd met Rick, and let me tell you. I was so impressed. He is one of those people who is completely comfortable and natural in front of the camera, helping others around him feel comfortable. Not to mention he's a pilot, which means pretty cool in my books.



I love the way he looks at her. His eyes speak volumes of his adoration for her. Can't you see it?



I adored these windows!



Rick seemed to think this would make a better image than the one I planned. It certainly made Lauren laugh and provoked a tickle fight.



Um yes. I LOVE this one.



Rick and Lauren, I am honored you allowed me to capture your love for one another and I am SO excited to shoot your wedding in a few weeks!

3 comments:

Sarah Barlow said...

These are stunning Cait!! Love love love them!!! :)

J@KE said...

Great Job Cait! <3! :D

Cynthia McIntyre said...

Love these engagement photographs. They look so happy and natural. I especially liked the one with the shadows- so creative!