Friday, June 5, 2009

Inspiration and Prayer

Inspiration (adj): 1. the action or power of moving the intellect or emotions; 2. the act of influencing or suggesting opinions.

I love being inspired. I used to get discouraged and put down when I saw other people succeeding; I felt like a looser. Then I realized that I could learn from everyone. Now when I get inspired, it makes me want to DO something. I always want to grow, to improve when I'm inspired. It's the reason I stalk blogs. Why I try to be artsy and creative. I'm always looking to improve.

A few things that inspire me.

1. Lady Vintique. I adore these handmade, one-of-a-kind headbands made my Lyndzee. I just got mine in the mail and I LOVE it. I wear it all the time. Thank you Lyndzee! Not only a genius at amazing headbands, but also an awesome photographer!




2. {grey} likesweddings. Any time I need inspiration, this is where I go. love it, Love it, LOVE it.

3. David & Amy Wenzel. I don't know much about David and Amy. I made a very brief stop at their blogs today after reading Jasmine Star's post about them and here's what she said:

"In a very, very small nutshell, a few days ago David was joking with friends and accidentally hit his head. A few minutes later, he couldn't think straight and had a hard time talking...the following day, he had a seizure and was rushed to the hospital. Doctors assumed to find bleeding in the brain, but what they didn't expect was to also find a tumor. Doctors want to send David to Mayo Clinic in Minnesota for brain surgery and, if eligible, chemo treatment. For now, Amy and David are waiting."

When I visited their blogs, I was deeply moved. This is a very trying time in their life, but through it all they are clinging to God and his promises. Read Amy's latest blog post and you'll see why I am so impressed, inspired, encouraged, and challenged by their hearts. I don't know if I've ever trusted God to that extent and I'm not in a trial near like theirs. I am inspired to live my life, whatever trials come, to the glory of God.

Though they may or may not ever me, nor I them, I know that we serve the same God and the best way I can help them is by prayer. Join me in lifting these two amazing individuals up in prayer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWW!!!!

Thank you so much!!!

abigail smith said...

I LOVE greylikesweddings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cynthia McIntyre said...

Yes I too need inspiration as a photographer on a regular basis. Loved your post!