Friday, January 30, 2009

It is time

Today, I am legal. I can do a whole number of things that I've never been able to do before. Like get a hotel room, buy things off TV, adopt a puppy, and sign my own legal documents. In the eyes of the government, I am a semi-adult (real adulthood comes at 21... go figure.) In my eyes, I'm just one day older.

You know how you wait and wait for birthdays, assured that you'll feel older, feel different? I have been waiting for this one with such anticipation. I've been looking forward to the 'freedom' that comes with age, the later nights, the keys more often. While I was waiting for more more more fun, I forgot that responsibility comes with age.

There are so many areas where I am failing, miserably. So many sins that are flourishing in my life. But I'm not condemned, or brought low. Though it's going to be hard - like really hard - fighting my sinful nature, I know One stands beside me, ready to tackle these sins with me. It's going to be a year of great growth and change. I'm excited to see where/what God has for me.

One BIG change just happened last night. My dad accepted a job offer... in Charlotte. While Dad will be moving almost immediately, we'll be staying here until after graduation.It's also going to be hard. I've lived in this area for all eighteen years of my life. All my friends live here, all my everything is here! Charlotte is only three hours south, so it won't be like moving to another state, but it's too far to spend time with the people I love and appreciate. God is calling me to surrender my all to Him.

So pray with me. Pray that as I begin to place my future and trust in Him, that I will see His sovereign hand in all that I do.

God bless you all as He has blessed me: abundantly.

2 comments:

Charlotte Wedding Photographer - The Schultzes said...

Big things are waiting for you here in Charlotte....keep your head up. :)

And YES, we def need to get together - let me know when you are here!

:)

-C A I T L Y N said...

Hi Cait!

Yes I found your blog from some other photographers! I love looking through pictures and things! It is so cool to find people that have some of the same views of life and are in love with the Lord! It was great to hear from you! Keep up the great work and stay focused on Christ! He is going to do great things!

Thanks for saying hello and have a fantastic afternoon!

::Caitlyn::