Monday, June 9, 2008

Wedding: Corey & Elizabeth

Wedding: Corey & Elizabeth

I've known Elizabeth for, like, ever. We went to the same church for as far back as I can remember, until we went church "shopping." Coincidentally, we were enrolled in the same home school writing class year before last where we were reunited. After the classes ended, we tried to keep in touch and saw each other occasionally. Then I got the email. Elizabeth got herself engaged! You might remember my post of their engagement session... Well, turns out I had the honor of capturing a good friend's wedding. And what an amazing couple. Since they're young and so close to my age, I felt really free to do fun stuff - still being professional, but also enjoying the union of my friends. Their love for one another and their passion to keep God central in their lives was completely evident throughout the entire day.

It was one of Libby's dreams to get married at the beach. This completely thrilled me, seeing as how I'd never shot a beach wedding prior. It did prove a challenge, but I believe we rose to the occasion. After hours of not-so-normal getting ready, there was a lovely ceremony on a private beach, with the reception at a church owned by someone in the bride's family. (Uncle I believe.) All around a lovely day. Corey and his bride were gracious enough to hike about a bit with me to get some fun shots... thanks guys!

When Libby and I were talking about her engagement, she informed me that together, the two of them had decided not to kiss until the day they were wed. After months of waiting, Corey and Libby kissed for the first time, at the alter, as man and wife. Though they waited, faithfully, after that first one, they started making up for 'lost' time. It definitely made me smile every time we went to take a picture and I would say "Ok, Corey, give her a kiss," and we would have to wait until Mom said "Come up for air you two!" It was such a blessing and a testimony to see them complete their commitment to one another and then find it was worth the wait.

Corey and Libby, I wish you both all the happiness in the world. May you always keep God as the foundation on which your relationship stands. Love you both and so happy for you!Wedding: Corey &amp; ElizabethWedding: Corey &amp; ElizabethWedding: Corey &amp; ElizabethWedding: Corey &amp; ElizabethWedding: Corey &amp; ElizabethWedding: Corey &amp; ElizabethWedding: Corey &amp; ElizabethWedding: Corey &amp; ElizabethWedding: Corey &amp; Elizabeth<span class=Photobucket" border="0">Wedding: Corey &amp; ElizabethWedding: Corey &amp; Elizabeth

I am so glad I was able to be a part of your big day... thank you for sharing it with me!

8 comments:

Leah Bowman said...

Cait!!! These are fantastic! I wish I could say I had a favorite, but I am crazy about them all!!! You did a great job of capturing the beauty of a wedding with the fun of a young couple on the beach. Wonderful! :)

Cassie Schott said...

These are amazing! I love the first shot on the beach - so fun!

Joy said...

Hey Cait... great to hear from you! I've heard about you through Sarah's blog - you're so LUCKY you got to spend two weeks with her! I'd kill to spend two weeks straight with Sarah these days, miss her :(

Hope the internship was a great springboard, and that you're dreaming big and seeing fruit. Have a great day.

Samantha F. said...

Cait, what beautiful pictures! You have such a crisp, fresh style! *applause*

Steven Ryne Photography said...

Hey Cait!! Long time, thanks for commenting on my blog! :) How have you been? I finally got around to adding Andrea & Gordon's Wedding so check them out I'd love to get your feedback on the pictures, hope all is going well for you :) Let me know what's good ;)

Cait said...

Wow! Thanks guys!

Leah and Cassie, I am glad you enjoyed the images... I was pleased with the outcome.

Joy, I have heard so many good things about you from Sarah... How I enjoyed that time with her.

SAM!! Thanks so much. :) I love crisp and fresh and clean. You made my day.

Steve, Dude! Good to hear from you. I'm doing well. I love you new blog and the images are great. Keep it up!

Melissa Joy said...

Hi Catlin...I didn't know you had a blog. I love these wedding pictures...great job!
Missy

Anonymous said...

[url=http://kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/_photos/photo_big8.jpg[/img][/url]

מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - שלווה, [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/about.html]חדרים[/url] מרווחים, אינטימיות, [url=http://kfarbair.com/services.html]שקט[/url] . אנחנו מספקים שירותי אירוח מגוונים כמו כן יש במקום שירות חדרים המכיל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]אחרוחות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מיוחדים אשר יוגשו ישירות לחדרכם!

לפרטים אנא גשו לאתר האינטרנט שלנו - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]