Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

Dad 6
Yesterday was a day set aside to honor fathers. I was unable to post that day because I spent all the time I could with my dad before he left town for two weeks.

I am not sure that I have ever told my dad this, but I respect him so much for doing all he does to support us (and seeing as how there are nine people in our house, it's no easy task) without fail. He has to be at his job way before anyone should even be up and works until after hours. I am so inspired by his relentless devotion and perseverance in order to support us.

These are a couple images from the last two/three years and show some of my dad's favorite things. :) My dad and his dog, Bella, who died late last year. Man, my dad loved that dog. He would bring home long pieces of knotted rope, all excited, and would call Bella. She would freak out and would lock her jaws around the rope. My dad would then swing the rope around in a circle, three feet from the ground. Bella never let go. This made my father's day, everytime. Dad 1



This is what I wake up to every once and a while... I bet no one else's father does this with football pads! :)Dad 1

My mother and father after twenty-three years... aww.!Dad 1

And finally, the only two men currently in my life: Dad and Dude. I love you two!Dad 1Dad, thank you. I am so blessed that you are my father. I can't wait to see you again! I love you so much. :)

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

These are great of Dad! He doesn't like to take pics, but you got him good!

joelle said...

Your family is sooo sweet! You all have such sweet personalities! I am sure that your father has the best children ever. And I must confess, on Sunday morning I didn't even remember that it was Father's day until the paster said, "since it IS fathers day...." and I was like, to my brother, "Dude, is it fathers day?" He was like, "duh." I felt soooo bad! But then later on I was laughing about it.